- Every third week, I write a column for Smålandsposten, a local Swedish newspaper.
- I have co-written and illustrated the children’s books Lovis Ansjovis och rockpappan (2016) and Lovis Ansjovis och glömskan (2017).
- I also write stories, poetry and occasional interviews, sometimes in English and sometimes in Swedish.
- I have worked as a self-employed translator from English into Swedish since 2013, specializing in editorial texts, such as columns for a classical music magazine, gardening articles for a garden tool manufacturer, press releases for a software company and a triannual client magazine focused on packaging design.
- In Septemper 2016, I started my own publishing company, Vide förlag, to publish Det som andra inte ser, my translation of The Gift of Looking Closely by Al Brookes.
- I have translated two novels by Lisa Jewell for Printz Publishing: Flickorna i parken (original title: The Girls) in 2016 and Jag fann dig (original title: I Found You) in 2017.
Children’s Book Illustration, London Art Collage
Literary Translation of English Literature, Valand Academy, University of Gothenburg
Master of Arts with a major in Non-Fiction Translation, Linnaeus University
Bachelor of Arts with a major in English, Mid Sweden University
- English A-C
- Creative Writing I and II
- Vector Graphics
- Visual Communication
- Musical Theory
- Lovis Ansjovis och glömskan. Idus Förlag, 2017 (with Maria Estling Vannestål)
- Jag fann dig. Lisa Jewell. Printz Publishing, 2017 (Translation: Sanna Hellberg)
- Det som andra inte ser. Al Brookes. Vide förlag, 2016 (Translation: Sanna Hellberg)
- Lovis Ansjovis och rockpappan. Idus Förlag, 2016 (with Maria Estling Vannestål)
- Flickorna i parken. Lisa Jewell. Printz publishing, 2016 (Translation: Sanna Hellberg)
- Systrarna Kråkhjärta. 2015
- Translating pragmatic markers. Master’s Essay. Linnaeus University, 2013
- Fragment av en annan verklighet. 2009
- Mac OS X/Windows 7
- SDL Trados Studio 2011
- Microsoft Office 2011
- Adobe Creative Suite 6
SDL Certified Trados user.
Having my book translated into Swedish has been a wonderful and mysterious process, a magical process. At the very beginning, I asked Sanna some questions about how she understood the story and the relationships; the way she answered gave me total confidence that she knew what I meant for the characters. The questions she asked me as the process continued reassured me even further. I trusted her to perform this strange act of alchemy and I have no doubt that she has done my book justice.
Al Brookes, author of The Gift of Looking Closely
Sanna never misses a deadline, delivers high quality translations and communicates in a nice and professional manner. When I work with her, I know the translation will be in good hands.
Tony Ersborg, Xplanation
A big thank you for your excellent work! I really appreciate the fact that you have improved and clarified the text for our Swedish readers.
Olof Esbjörnsson, Opus Magasin
Working with Sanna has been very rewarding. She is a master of words and her work process is professional and comfortable. I will definitely ask her the next time I need some help with a text.
Maria Elander, Tournant AB
- ”How to Become a Digital Nomad” (GoWonder, 160704)
- ”Man kan glömma bort att leva om man drömmer för mycket” (Drömmen om Målajord, 161019)
- ”Sanna lever i böckernas värld” (Smålandsposten, 161117)